Smoothies for breakfast can work as perfect meals to lose weight. They are easy to prepare and help to regulate calorie intake. If packed with plant-based nutrients like fruits and vegetables, smoothies can be delicious and wholesome, filling and healthy.
As the world moves toward a more healthy eating and lifestyle alternative, we realize that ‘what we put into our body matters the most’. It includes foods that we eat and also the ones that we don’t. While we talk about weight loss, one should approach it from a holistic outlook to witness a sustainable result. Research proves that factors like daily diet, sleep cycle, stress, hormones, and regular exercise all play a vital role in weight loss. Even if you are someone who isn’t focusing on losing weight, smoothies are the best ones, to begin.
A study by the Harvard School states how fiber helps regulate the body’s sugar levels while keeping hunger & sugar in check. Nutritionists recommend having at least 25 to 35 grams of fiber per day for an average person for good health.
- One can add other fat-burning ingredients to a smoothie for better metabolism.
- Berries are a rich source of fiber & antioxidants that improve blood flow.
- Spinach is full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and thus helps to satiate for longer.
- Cinnamon spice relieves bloating, and its ‘polyphenols’ antioxidants boost metabolism
- Chia seeds help to increase the satiety factor of your drink, and Flaxseeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Whole grains like Oats are rich in fiber and can keep a person full for longer, preventing cravings.
Smoothie lovers can incorporate the following five super healthy and delicious recipes that have all the goodness to get the best smoothie experience.
Ruby Red Green Smoothie
This recipe is earthy but sweet. It contains beetroot, the rich source of antioxidants that can minimize cell damage. Other than that, it also includes nutrients from spinach and hemp seeds and healthy carbs, vitamins, and minerals from banana and orange. These ingredients make this a perfect pre or post-workout snack. It can also be consumed at any other time keeping its consistency according to a person’s taste. It is a gluten-sugar-oil-free recipe for 1-2 servings.
- 1.5 ripe bananas, peeled, frozen (add 1/4th cup of ice if not frozen)
- 1 cup raw spinach
- One large orange, peeled and quartered
- One beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 1 Tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 1 cup milk, preferably plant-based milk like unsweetened soy milk
Chia & Berry Blaster Smoothie
It is a creamy, decadent smoothie containing chia seeds and berries. It is a super simple protein and fiber-rich smoothie, which helps reduce cravings & make you feel satiated for hours. The chia seeds ( a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids) helps to decrease inflammation & regulate stress hormones. Taking this smoothie in conjunction with ibutamoren Canada tablets can help reduce belly fat & gain lean body mass effectively.
- · 1 cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
- · 1 cup of frozen berries
- · 2 drops vanilla extract
- · 1 ½ grounded chia seeds
- · 1 cup Ice
This super creamy smoothie is a must-have for chocolate lovers. It is a perfectly sweetened and nutty smoothie to start the day with the added benefits of zucchini which surprisingly, one can’t taste at all in the smoothie.
- 1½ frozen bananas
- 1 cup milk, preferably plant-based milk like oat milk
- ½ cup frozen chopped zucchini
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- Three dates pitted
- 1 Tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- One-shot espresso (or substitute 2 tsp instant coffee)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
Mango Spinach Smoothie
This is a tasty smoothie combining the sweet mangoes with the goodness of the spinach. You can add a twist to the flavor and add more nutrients if you add yogurt and milk to the smoothie. The fiber nutrient of the flaxseeds will keep one full and energized for the day.
- 2 cups mango pieces (frozen)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- Fresh fruits like blueberries or kiwi
- Dry coconut flakes
- Cinnamon powder
Pumpkin Powerhouse Smoothie
The pumpkin smoothie contains the beta-carotene antioxidant, which slows down the aging process of the body. Pumpkin is a known source of vitamin C & fiber, helping in digestion and repairing body tissues.
- 1 cup pumpkin pulp
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 banana sliced (frozen)
- Ice cubes (1 cup)
- Pinch of cinnamon
Healthy smoothies have fat-burning and metabolism-boosting abilities and adding them to the diet can amplify the weight-loss efforts. They can also be healthy choices as a quick breakfast or post-workout meal for people who face hectic mornings. Another reason to include smoothies in a regular diet is that they can blend in well with all kinds of healthy ingredients like fresh fruits and vegetables and oats to various nuts and seeds. Incorporate smoothies as a regular healthy addition to your breakfast and enjoy its deliciousness every day!