Anything too basic and monotonous becomes boring after a certain period. the same goes for your usual gyming or workout routine. The same workouts on the same traditional equipment do come out to be tedious and dull after months. Isn’t it?
So, we thought why not introduce you to something that`s a lot more fun and good for your physical fitness as well. It is a rowing machine we are talking about here. Some might have heard of it while others would know in detail.
But, we are going to do more than just a friendly brief introduction. Yes, we will also be talking about the type of rowing machines, why you need them, and take you through some immensely talked about ones.
When talking about the types, you must know that there are three types of rowing machines available in the market- Air Rowers, Water Rowers, and Magnetic Rowers. Though you would have guessed it by now, the rowers are classified based on the power they use to operate.
But hey wait, why should you stop by and read about rowing machines? Why shouldn`t you go on and find something else to buy or know about?
Well, here is why: exercises done on a rowing machine demand every single bit of your muscles to wake up and get involved. An exercise session on a rowing machine is a full-body workout. Besides, it helps you in burning calories, improving your posture, toning your leg muscles, and the best of all there are no chances of any injury whatsoever.
Now, this is what we call an ‘all in one package’. A rowing machine will not only help you build muscles, improve your strength, endurance, and all but also calms down your mind and gives the satisfaction of being physically active.
Aren`t these just what you needed? We are sure, it is and thus we move on to the next segment of the article where we take you through some of the best-known Air Rowers. Hang on there to know them.
1. Concept2 Model D
Concept2 is a very well known brand when it comes to rowing machines. They have several models and variants. The one which we are going to review and talk about is the Concept2 Model D.
The brand has over forty years of experience in this field and has never disappointed its consumers through any of its products throughout.
It doesn’t occupy a lot of space rather adds a touch of luxury. With durable and sturdy construction, quiet operation, and 500 lbs of maximum user capacity it gives you all the benefits of using a rowing machine.
- Air resistance: Being an Air Rower doesn’t make a lot of noise and thus can be used in your house without being a problem to any of them. The airflow can be changed and adjusted according to your wish and thus helps in controlling the resistance you wish to handle.
- Assembly: Assembling the Concept2 Model2 is not a struggle. It can be done easily in 20 to 30 minutes.
- Capacity: Comes with 500 lbs maximum user capacity which in our opinion is okay.
- Warranty: Has a five-year warranty for the frame and two years for the computer and other parts.
- Dimensions: Though the overall look is sleek it is 96” long and 24” wide with a comparatively larger footprint.
- Plastic Monitor Arm: The Monitor Arm in Concept2 Model D is made up of plastic which obviously isn’t durable and sturdy.
2. Concept 2 Model E
Concept 2 Model E Air Rower is what you can say to be a heavy-duty rowing machine in true form. We say so because it has an extra coat of gloss, a metal monitor arm which is very good quality and steel legs.
Another thing that is unique about this Air Rower is that its seats can accommodate people of all frame sizes.
The backlit computer or the monitor here is also called as the PM5 and comes with some preset rowing games and even workout routines to help you start with the exercising and getting used to it.
Alike Model D this also uses wireless technology and in no way is less than it. In case you are interested and want to know more about it, read this article by Fit Territory giving you a detailed comparison.
- Designing: The seat positioning is to accommodate people with larger frames too. Those who could have already adjusted get ample space.
- Air Resistance: While the previous one can adjust the resistance by a damper, this one right here uses the force applies by the person apart from the damper to control the level of resistance.
- Warranty: The warranty on this one is the same as the previous one, five years on frame, and two years on the computer and other parts.
- Size: Model E of Concept 2 measures 96” in length, 24” in width, and thus has a large footprint. The same problem was with the previous model as well.
3. Stamina ATS Air Rower 1399
The earlier two options were from this brand Concept2 and no doubt about their quality but they do have some differences as well. About the Stamina ATS Air Rower 1399, this one is more on the affordable side of things.
Apart from providing comfort to its user, it is also designed pretty well. With padded seats, adjustable footplates, and padded rowing handle this makes for a pretty good pick.
- Effective: This sir rower does its job perfectly and is very smooth too.
- Dynamic Resistance: The resistance can be decided by the user.
- Lacks resistance adjustability.
- The design of the machine could have been a little more pleasant.
So, these were all of the topics and points we wished to touch in this article of ours. More of an introduction-cum-review style would have helped in getting to know the basics to a T. Air rowers, in our opinion are pretty interesting equipment.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, there are some other good options too such as Marcy Foldable Turbine Rowing Machine, NS-6050RE Marcy Air Resistance Rowing Machine, etc. It is always good to know more about them and change your workout routine accordingly.