Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that has been around for over 20 years. It is a great solution to straighten teeth without any metal or wires showing, and it’s also a great option for adults who are not happy with the way their teeth look after they’ve finished growing.
The question many people ask themselves when considering Invisalign is, “Do I need one?” The answer really depends on each individual case, but there are some times where it would be wise to consult with your dentist about getting an Invisalign consultation rather than going through traditional braces. If you’re still unsure if you need an Invisalign, this post will help! We’ll talk about what can be done with braces, why you are considering Invisalign, and how to find out if you need one. Also, make sure to know the Invisalign price in NZ before availing of one.
Do I Need An Invisalign?
- If you’re not happy with your teeth after they’ve finished growing or want a long-term solution that is removable, then an Invisalign treatment can provide both of these things. Traditional braces do require that you maintain them with regular care and removal for eating, but in the end, your teeth will be straight.
- If you have a severe overbite or underbite that is not possible to correct through braces alone, then an Invisalign treatment may be necessary. Traditional braces can only pull back on the upper and lower jaw so much before they are forced to work in opposition.
- If you have overcrowding, then an Invisalign treatment may also be necessary because traditional braces can only bring teeth closer together that already have space between them.
- Invisalign treatment may also be necessary if you have jaw problems that traditional braces cannot correct.
- It is advised to get Invisalign before full dental implants if you are considering them.
How To Prepare For Invisalign?
Invisalign is a system that uses custom-made, clear aligners to gradually and gently move teeth without braces. The treatment time for Invisalign typically ranges from six months to two years, depending on the severity of your case. Patients who only require minor alignment may need as few as 14 appointments, whereas patients with more severe cases may require 22.
Invisalign is a treatment that can often be done in the comfort of your home and with no one around to notice what you’re doing. Through these aligners, the patient’s teeth will gradually move into their new position as they wear them for about 20 hours each day over a period of two years.
If you need to extract or replace a tooth, Invisalign is not the best option. Suppose your teeth require extensive reconstruction and cannot be corrected with traditional braces. In that case, an Invisalign may provide a viable solution for correcting your crooked smile, but this is rare and only under specific circumstances.
The average Invisalign price NZ is Â£4000 – Â£5000. However, it is important to consider the price before taking Invisalign from a clinic.
Invisalign is not a quick fix; it will take at least Â£2000 worth of aligners to correct your teeth. Many people in the UK may have already heard about Invisalign, but they do not realize that it is an American treatment that many dental clinics have adopted across the world, like NZ.