After the Amazon and Kangaroo Island bushfire, it’s the Coronavirus pandemic that shook the world, once again. As per statistics, on 25th March 2020, 423,302 cases and 18,906 are reported worldwide. Despite taking strict actions by the State authorities to break this chain, the number of cases is increasing day after day.
What is coronavirus and how did it start?
Coronavirus or officially referred to as COVID-19 is a family of viruses that is responsible for causing disease in animals. This pandemic is so dangerous that so far around 20 percent of cases are confirmed as critical. Statistics also show that the current death rate varies between 0.7 percent and 3.4 percent. This depends on the location as well as the health care service provided to the patient. COVID-19 has mutated into two strains, one of them is so aggressive that it is creating complications in developing a vaccination.
It is believed that the source of the coronavirus is a ‘wet market’ in Wuhan. This market sells dead as well as livestock that includes fish and birds.
The market poses a great risk of virus transfer from animal to human as there are no hygiene standards maintained. Butchered as well as livestock is kept together and packaging is also done densely.
For coronavirus, the animal source is yet to be confirmed but bats are believed to be the original host. Though bats are not sold at the wet market, experts believe that it may have infected the livestock sold there.
How bigger could the outbreak grow?
The pandemic has infected many people in different parts of the world. So, considering its current trajectory, it is difficult to say how and where it will head. However, the number of cases in China has begun to decrease but the rate in other countries is increasing.
How coronavirus impacts the body?
A person infected with COVID-19 may experience fever, dry cough and lethargic at the initial stage. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the symptoms include:
- Dry Cough
- Feeling of tiredness
- Shortness of breath
Patients may feel body pain, nasal congestion, sore throat, runny nose or even diarrhea. If you experience these symptoms, you must get medical attention. All these symptoms are similar to respiratory diseases which include common cold and flu.
What do you need to consider?
Apart from the mentioned symptoms, if you have recently traveled to a high-risk area, for instance, China or Italy, you must get yourself checked for the pandemic. Also, if you have been in close contact with the affected person.
How coronavirus is tested
According to CDC’s website, “Call your healthcare professional if you feel sick with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or if you live in or have recently traveled from an area with the ongoing spread of COVID-19.”
Coronavirus: Safety Tips for You
Guidelines provided as per WHO are:
Wash your hands frequently
Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water. You can also clean your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer. Washing hands helps in killing the viruses that can infect you with the pandemic.
Social Distancing is a must:
Maintain a distance of at least 3 feet between yourself and others, especially from the people who are sneezing or coughing. The small liquid droplets can infect you.
Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. The small liquid droplets might contain viruses and are enough to infect you with the pandemic.
Don’t touch eyes, nose, and mouth
We touch several surfaces, which might contain the virus. Contaminated hands can transfer the virus to our eyes, mouth, and nose and can make us sick.
Importance of respiratory hygiene
Follow good respiratory hygiene. Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a bent elbow or use a tissue. Discard the used tissue immediately.
Seek medical help
If you experience weird symptoms, seek immediate medical attention. Follow the healthcare directions properly as directed by your state authorities.
Denefits Patient Financing
Denefits patient financing options can help finance people suffering from medical emergencies. You need to contact your doctor to know the available options available for you. There is no credit check and on top, financing is provided instantly.
Denefits financial options for patients
Don’t let your out-of-pocket medical expenses hold you back from your recommended treatments. Denefits offers the real solution of getting financial protection during the course of your treatment plans. Denefits offers instant patient financing for all healthcare scenarios.
We understand that your current financial circumstances should not be considered the only criteria to measure your ability to repay. So, we offer quick patient financing with no credit checks & that too, at low-interest rates. Denefits financial solutions for healthcare problems is the best financial protection that works for your medical procedures of all ranges.
Advantages of using Denefits patient financing platform
- Instant approval: It is well justified that the medical treatments do not wait for the approval of your loans. We believe that medical emergencies should be attended immediately. Hence, we don’t let patients wait and approve the financing instantly in order to ensure a quick recovery.
- Ideal platform for low-income holders: It becomes difficultfor someone from a low-income background to repay his/her medical debts. Denefits provides financial assistance to all income ranges and allows you to prevent medical debts with an easy payment system.
- Accessible healthcare services to all: Denefits does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, or ethnicity of the patients. Denefits does not ask for your credit score before your medical financing plans. It technically bridges the gap between medical financing and treatment.
- Fundraising through social media: We support the fact that it is possible for you to not be able to pay off your medical bills all the time. Thus, Denefits has made the payments easy and you can also take help from your near and dear ones.
- No health credit cards or hidden fees: Unlike the health credit cards which are often equipped with hidden fees and terms, Denefits patient financing platform allows you to distribute your medical expenses over months/years. It, therefore, becomes very easy for you to pay the entire cost of any treatment plan in an easy and stress-free manner.
Transparency: Denefits is a value-based system. Our patient financing protocols dictate the healthcare service provider (s) to share all the terms and conditions beforehand. We never charge you any additional service fee that has not been declared to you.